Thursday, August 3

These Boots Were Made For

I have a foot fetish. Often I have pondered the nature and origin of my fetish and have come to the conclusion that I just like going places. There are always places to come from, and places to go, and damn it, it's my feet that take me there. In turn, I am kind to my feet. I spoil them with expensive lotions and creams. I trip around in comfy Mary Janes and flip flops, and they have yet to complain of a blister this summer.
Boots have, and will always be the ultimate treat for my feet. Some will recall the girly rainboots I just had to have, or those sexy brown suede knee highs I kicked around in for years. In high school, my social-in was owing to a pair of 10-hole Dock Martens (OK, the ripped fishnets helped too.)
And tonight, shopping for mosquito repellant at the Namba Home Centre, I had to give in to yet another whimsical demand of my feet. Behold, the ninja boot:




They are currently only popular among Japanese construction workers and myself. I will see that they catch on. Everybody needs a pair, I say. They are light and quick-drying with amazing grip. And when you slip them on you feel a little like a super hero...or a marsupial.

I must run now. There are trees to climb. And walls to scale. And balls to bust.

2 comments:

A said...

Oooooh! I am so jealous. I debated getting a pair of those things and didnt have space in my luggage to bring them home. I would have happily helped support you in your trend setting. Wear them well, my dear.

Frugal Rock said...

Yeah, I probably tried to suck your toes, it's one of those things I tend to do impulsively while drinking. In fact, it has made C's list of pet peeves. Every time we are invited to a party he says: For the love of god, please don't suck anyone's toes tonight...
Miss you back!