Wednesday, April 19

The Good Old Days

Miss Vix sent me this invitation. My former colleagues at AC will be dressing up in vintage stewardess uniforms courtesy of Cabaret on Queen Street.

Sigh.

Truth be told, I miss the glamour. I miss the clean white sheets, the room service, the champagne. I miss the clicking of sexy high heels through the airport and being whisked off in cars with tinted windows. Oh, hang on a minute...I'm being interrupted by another memory:

-Excuse me, Miss. Where is my vegetarian meal?
-Um, well...you see, your name is not on this list. Chicken or beef?
-But I'm a vegetarian. I booked this flight six years ago through my travel agent.
-I'm sorry. How about another stale bun? A stiff drink perhaps?
-I hate your [DELETED] airline.
-I'll be sure to pass along your comments.
-Oh, just [DELETED] right off. And tell Robert Milton he can [DELETED] my [DELETED].

But I would do 12 Montreal rapidairs in a row just to hang out with my girls and wear a pillbox hat and pumps. Have a dirty one on me, ladies. (martini, that is)

No comments: