Saturday, January 20

Me and Charles Manson Like The Same Ice Cream


You can't judge a book by its cover but sometimes there are clues to a person's inner workings and mysteries by cetain choices they make. For example, the way a person plays air guitar can reveal a lot about a personality. Giv'r a good stroking with legs parted and a face-melting expression and I can tell right away that you are intense and/or possibly retarded. Limp strumming with eyes closed reveals a sensitive and fragile nature. Accurate chord changes and finger picking tells me that you are a perfectionist and probably really really annoying.

You can also tell a lot about a person by the ice cream flavour they choose. I have long teased C about his preference for Prailines and Cream and Maple Walnut. This demographic is also said to share a taste for these flavours. Should I be worried?
Personally, I have always been attracted to more daring flavours like Jamoca Almond Fudge, Chocolate and Peanut Butter and Mint Chocolate Chip--rather mainstream these days but pretty avant garde for my time. These days, there is an alarming array of flavours out there with personality disorders just waiting to be discovered: "Popping Shower", "Black Sesame" "Red Bean" and "Tempatation Island" among the flavours at our local Baskin Robbins. What the hell is a Popping Shower? It looked like tye-dyed vomit and I was tempted to try it, if not for the baby. Who knows what kind of side effects it could have!! Our son's trademark flavour will reveal itself all in good time. I'd settle for a personality somewhere between Vanilla and Bubblegum.

3 comments:

B said...

You can lump me in with C's demograhpic, I guess. Pralines and Cream does rock. What do top favorites such as Peppermint and Bubblegum say about a 31-year old guy like me?

A said...

B, you just proved her whole POINT! Of COURSE you like P&C...and no, you may not make a pin-up of those golden girls. You are a married man now.

Frugal Rock said...

I now have an idea for a writing project--an encyclopedia of flavours and what your favourite says about you! Now B, how can one person like both P & C and Bubblegum? Are you putting me on? It`s such a fickle and frivolous one! Pink and attractive on the surface but those gumballs soon lose their flavour--you want to move on to something else. Celebs who love Bubblegum include: Paris Hilton, John Corbett, and Mary-Kate Olsen.