Friday, January 12

Somebody's Parents

Today I took a sickie, but for reals. I'm surrounded by balled up wet tissue, dirty mugs and a stack of embarassing VHS tapes. To make at least something of the day, I will attempt to update my abandoned blog. I thought I would feel pangs of guilt for not writing but as it turns out, I needed to take a long break. I intend to keep the posts coming and should have more time come next month. My last day of work is February 23, after which I plan to devote myself to learning about newborns. In the meantime, I'm having a ball with all the fun stuff like shopping on-line for essentials and justifying being a round-the-clock hog.

We've had a really busy past couple of months with trips to Seoul to visit Jane and Shannon, sumo in Fukuoka, and visits from family. I'll be sure to post some crazy pics of my folks' visit in the coming weeks. For now, I'm spent and need to pop in another video. I'll leave you with a couple of pictures taken at a ryokan in Osaka last week.

Somebody's Parents













Seven months of baby in my belly!

3 comments:

A said...

Sexy momma! That's quite a bump you got there... and a beautiful picture, too.

Anonymous said...

Hello!

Very belated congratulations! Pregnancy definitely seems to suit you- you look gorgeous, and unlike Demi Moore you don't need airbrushing. Being pregnant in Japan must make being in Japan even more bizarre, and it's crazy enough already. Will baby be addicted to tofu and seaweed?

Take care, and good luck to the three of you! x

Frugal Rock said...

Yes, year two has been drastically different for us. No more getting rip roaring drunk, singing raunchy Madonna and throwing my skirt over my head. But there are other perks! I get rubbed like a lucky Buddha and get to eat all the kibidango I can stuff into my mouth. The tofu and seaweed also go in but less enthusiastically. As for names, I think Momotaro Smith has a nice ring to it...
Thanks for the kind words!
S.