Saturday, January 27

Tits and Giggles

Today we met with our midwife. Here's what our conversation went like...

MW: Today I would like to talk to you about breastfeeding. First, can I ask you what type of nipple you have? (showing three possible diagrams)

S: Um, I can't really say. It changes. You know, with hot and cold.

MW: (frowning) Well, what type do you think most resembles your nipple?

S: Hmmm. I don't know. Christopher, what do you think?

C: Oh my god, Sarah.

MW: (laughing with embarassment) You really should know your own body.

S: Yes, well I haven't exactly thought a lot about it. I guess I'll choose this one. It looks nice.

Afterwards...

C: What is WRONG with you?

S: What?

In other news, I got my first hair cut in Japan. The squirrel had to go. In a country famous for hair-dos like this, I was disappointed when they gave me "the soccer mom". Now all I need is a mini van...

6 comments:

Suzette said...

I don't know why he's embarrassed, I mean, you *are* married and all! :)

B said...

I could picture you both in that conversation. Thanks for the belly laughs!

A said...

I could see it, too. C giving the you-are-piece-of-work look and S acting innocent, when she was really just entertaining herself, going for the shock value.

And I'm surprised there were only 3 nipple options. I mean, in Japan I would have imagined at least a dozen chocies. The differences so slight, and the superior tone you'd hear when you confess that you can't see a difference between nipple #4 and nipple #11. REALly? (chuckle chuckle).

Firipu Jonzu said...

I second (and third) above comments in that I could totally visualise the two of you in that dialogue. Most authentic skit I've read for a long time.

Meanwhile, on the nipple options, was there not one with a Hello Kitty toy dangling off it? I mean, this is Japan after all.

wildwoman said...

so your news made it to kibichuo. we both read it independently and now just read it again over dinner and a movie. nipples and blades of glory talk. a great ab workout. my humps my humps, my lovely lady lumps- what does that even mean. no one knows what it means. britt and rachel

Wendel said...

The Plat-Blonde is key, I think you and Christopher should get matching Mullets, SWEET!