Friday, March 31

FI-GA-RO FI-GA-RO FI-GA-RO

I`m almost thirty years old and I`ve never owned a car. Actually, I`ve never owned a lot of things. Since I moved to a city more than 10 years ago, I have become a cyclist, a pedestrian and a hard core advocate for public transportation. In other words, I`ve been on my high horse where cars are concerned and have suffered great hardships at the expense of these beliefs--sitting in bubble gum on the subway, getting splashed by speeding SUVs and riding the all-night `Vomit Comet` home from the bar immediately come to mind. Never mind that Christopher used to drive my ass to work, or home to visit my folks. I conveniently denied having any connection with his car (though it served me well, that little Prelude).
And now, something dreadful has happened. I have fallen in love, found my soul mate--in a car.
I saw her for the first time at a stop light, purring like a kitten. I was temporarily hypnotised by her shiny metallic blue body and gorgeous curves. Like Blanche Dubois, her age was elusive. Was she a classic beauty, restored to her former glory, or was she something entirely new?
Never in my wildest dreams would I have guessed she is a Nissan Figaro! And affordable too. I`m going home now to don a handkerchief and my cat glasses. And when Christopher comes home from work I will affect a flirty Audrey Hepburn and say: Do be a doll and buy mama this little baby...


1 comment:

B said...

"A" and I have also fallen for these cars, especially the green ones.