Friday, March 17

Nice One

Tonight my blue bicycle, the "Nice One" met an untimely death. Yep, we were mowed down by a car on our way home from Happy Mart. After accelerating into me and swallowing up my front tire and nearly my legs, the lady was kind enough to stop. She called the police immediately, who, like idiots couldn't seem to find us (though we spotted them three times and tried to get their attention..."A cop couldn't find his butt if he had a bell on it") Once they clued in to our whereabouts they were quite efficient. The Nice One even had its very own chalk outline, I kid you not.
In the end, I came out pretty well. Our reckless driver offered to buy me a new bicycle and lend me her own bike in the meantime. I tried to decline because my bike was such a junker to begin with but no, this is the way it's done in Japan. Just accept it. Nice one.

2 comments:

B said...

Sorry to hear about the accident. Glad to hear the driver stopped, though. So, have you bought a new bike yet? If not, may I recommend a hardy "Captain Stag" this time?

Frugal Rock said...

hmmm, I'll look into it. Captain Stag sounds positively indestructible. The Nice One certainly let people drive all over her--just too nice, she was.