Monday, July 17

Long Weekend


The Plan: camping on Mayajima island.

Materials: 2 Dahon folding bikes, 1 imported Canadian tent, beer, snacks, 2 silk sleeping bags, sunscreen, deodorant, toilet paper.

Wardrobe: clean t-shirt, shorts, trainers.


The Reality: intermittent thunderstorms, flat tire, oversleeping, impromptu dinner party, 8 consecutive hours of movie viewing, afternoon boozing, sumo upsets.

Materials: 2 granny bikes w. baskets, 7-Eleven, 24-hour video store, 1 gas burner, beer, wine, sake, rum, ouzo (ouch-o), Brad and Alicia.

Wardrobe: pajamas and/or underwear

4 comments:

Chris C said...

Urgh! I hate it when blogger does this! Almost as much as I hate it when the keyboard turns 以下泣けand you spend 35 minutes trying to turn it back...

Hope it was a good long weekend!

Frugal Rock said...

Do you mean my disappearing side bar? Why, I blame Miyabiyama's sheer ugliness for scaring my profile to the bottom of the page. Yikes!

Chris C said...

No! It was your small, small text which has become big in a mysterious mystery.

I wish Miyabiyama would shrink.

Frugal Rock said...

He certainly did today. He got schooled by the yokozuna. Yaaay!