Tuesday, June 27

Chipotle Potato Ensalada

A bomb went off in the kitchen tonight but that's pretty normal. What did emerge from the debris was a new recipe for vegan potato salad--Mexi styles. I thought I would share it with you while it's still fresh in my head, and in my fridge.

Ingredients:

8 smallish potatoes, boiled and cubed
I cup green beans, cut lengthwise into thirds and boiled
1 small red onion, chopped
1/2 red pepper, chopped
handful pine nuts (optional)

the dressing:

one "scoop" of Nayonnaise (soy mayonnaise)
1 Tbsp chipotle puree
1 Tbsp stoneground mustard
salt and pepper to taste
stir above ingredients together and mix into salad (add more nayo if desired.)

Garnish with avocado slices!

helpful hints:
-to make potato salad creamier, stir in some cubed melt-in-your-mouth avocado. But only for immediate consumption.
-to add protein, mix in small cubes of firm tofu.
-don't overcook the potatoes, green beans. Rinse with lots of cold water to stop cooking process.

EVERYBODY should keep chipotle puree in their fridge. To make it, just throw a can of chipotle peppers in "adobo" sauce into the blender and mix. Keep in a container for up to 3 months. This wonder condiment can be stirred into ketchup for added spice, scrambled eggs, chili, salad dressing, and so much more. It is one of my ESSENTIALS.


God, it must be a dull week if I`m posting recipes on the blog. Maybe I should post some nekkid pics to spice it up a bit. Dad, would you mind?

2 comments:

Chris C said...

Dear Miss Yaki,

I have heard marvellous things about your cuisine making skills, but this recipe has me flummoxed. What in the Lord's name (that's Lord Mountbatten of course as I am British) is Chipottle? I thought it was a coffee substitue that didn't taste nice, but clearly not.

Help please! And naked pictures!

Mr C

Frugal Rock said...

Dear Flummoxed,

The chipotle pepper is a hot-as-Hades chili pepper from Mexico. Take a trip to Taco Hell with this little baby. I`m bringing you some this weekend...from my secret stash.

Miss Yaki